Unison Festival 2023
Registration Terms and Conditions for Delegates
- These Registration Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) form an agreement between Unison Choruses Canada (“UNISON”) and the person applying for registration. By applying to register as a delegate at Unison Festival 2023, to be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia from May 19 to 22, 2023 (the “Festival”), you agree to be bound by these Registration Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”).
- Registration applications are accepted online only. Registration applications will not be accepted by fax, telephone, mail or email.
- If you are under 19, your registration application must be accompanied by a letter of permission signed by your parent, guardian or responsible adult and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of permission must include your full name, your address, the name of the chorus you intend to perform with, if any, and the name(s) of the adult(s) responsible for supervising you during the festival.
- Payment for registration may be made by credit card, direct debit, e-transfer or cheque. You are responsible for all banking fees charged due to returned cheques.
- Payment for registration must be made in Canadian Dollars. UNISON accepts no liability for any loss suffered due to fluctuating exchange rates or charges incurred for exchanging currency or transferring funds.
- UNISON reserves the right to refuse to accept any application for registration in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Once UNISON accepts your registration application, UNISON will notify you that you have been registered by sending an email to the address given during your registration application process. For offline payments, UNISON will send confirmation of registration once the e-transfer or cheque clears.
Registration Refunds and Transfers
- Delegate registrations are non-refundable, except in the event the Festival is postponed or cancelled due to a pandemic.
- Delegate registrations can be transferred to another person up until May 10, 2023 using the Integra Marketplace.
- After May 10, 2022, delegate registrations are non-transferable.
- If the Festival is postponed due to a pandemic, you will have the option of
- applying all fees paid as of the date of postponement to the rescheduled Festival,
- converting all fees paid as of the date of postponement into a donation to UNISON, or
- receiving a refund of all fees paid as of the date of postponement minus a $5 processing charge.
- If the Festival is cancelled due to a pandemic, you will have the option of
- converting all fees paid as of the date of cancellation into a donation to UNISON, or
- receiving a refund of all fees paid as of the date of cancellation minus a $5 processing charge.
- Requests for refunds will be acknowledged within five (5) business days. Refunds will be completed within sixty (60) days.
- Official donation receipts will be issued for donations of CAD$20 or more from Canadian donors.
Festival events and performances
- The events and performances advertised on UNISON’s website and in UNISON’s promotional material are subject to change as plans for the Festival are finalized. While the events and performances advertised represent UNISON’s intentions as to the Festival, there is no guarantee that any particular event or performance will be as described.
- UNISON reserves the right in circumstances beyond UNISON’s reasonable control to change the timing and venues of Festival events and performances and to cancel Festival events and performances as determined by UNISON in its absolute discretion.
- UNISON is not liable for any loss or damage suffered if any Festival event or performance does not proceed as advertised or if for whatever reason you or your chorus do not participate in an event.
- Festival events and performances may proceed in all weather conditions provided UNISON is satisfied that the event or performance can proceed safely.
- UNISON expects you to be committed to participating in the events and performances for which you are registering. Evidence of lack of commitment, such as late arrival or failure to comply with established rehearsal schedules, could prevent you from performing or participating. UNISON’s decisions about performance and participation are final.
- You agree to comply with the rules of the Festival as determined by UNISON and with any reasonable written or verbal instructions given by UNISON, its representatives or volunteers.
- You agree to comply with the health safety measures prescribed by UNISON and the Nova Scotia health authorities for Festival events and performances.
- Some venues and institutions used by UNISON may impose conditions of entry and other restrictions in addition to the rules and safety measures prescribed by UNISON. You agree to comply with any such conditions or restrictions.
- You agree not to engage in unacceptable behaviour. Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to, physical and verbal abuse; harassment; drug-taking; smoking in non-permitted areas; excessive intoxication; nudity; lewd or overtly sexual conduct; anti-social behaviour; racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, misogynist, misandrist, or ageist behaviour, including performing actions, words or songs construed as such; and the carrying of knives, weapons or any other items construed as weapons.
- You agree not to act in a way which would compete with Festival sponsors or devalue Festival sponsors’ rights regarding branding potential, logo rights or exclusive presence at Festival events. If at any time during the Festival, UNISON, its representatives or volunteers determine that your actions compete with Festival sponsors or may result in the devaluation of such Festival sponsors’ rights, you understand that you will be required to immediately cease such actions.
- UNISON or its appointed agents may photograph or record you during the Festival. You agree to assign any of your rights to that recorded material to UNISON in perpetuity and authorise the reproduction, broadcast, distribution and dissemination of that material by any means whatever without geographic or time limitation.
- You agree that UNISON will use the personal data collected during the registration process for Festival registration, the sale of Festival merchandise, and for the organization and production of the Festival. UNISON will not otherwise share the personal data collected with third parties.
Insurance and damage to property
- You agree that you have been advised to acquire adequate travel, personal accident and health care insurance and that it is your responsibility to obtain your own such insurance to cover yourself and your property during the Festival.
- UNISON is not liable for any loss or damage to your property during the Festival.
Cancellation of registration by UNISON
- UNISON may at any time cancel your registration with immediate effect if you breach these Terms. If UNISON cancels your registration due to breach of these Terms, you will not be permitted to participate in the Festival; nor will you receive a refund or any form of compensation for any loss.
- These Terms and the ensuing relationship between you and UNISON are governed by the laws of Alberta, Canada. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Alberta in all matters regarding these Terms.
September 18, 2022