Unison Festival 2018
Registration Terms and Conditions
1. This is an agreement between Unison Festival – Festival Unisson (“UNISON”) and you, the person who applies to be a delegate at or who represents a choir applying to perform at Unison Festival 2018, to be held in Calgary, Alberta, in May 2018 (“the Festival”). By applying to be registered as a delegate at the Festival or applying to register a choir to perform at the Festival you agree personally or on behalf of your choir to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
2. Registration applications are accepted online only. Registration applications will not be accepted by fax, telephone, mail or email.
3. If you are under 18, your delegate application must be accompanied by a letter of permission signed by your parent, guardian or responsible adult and emailed to email@example.com The letter of permission must include your full name, address, and the name of the choir, if any, you intend to sing with.
4. Payment for registration may be made online or by post. Payment submitted by post must be in the form of a cheque in Canadian currency. UNISON will send confirmation of registration once the cheque clears. The delegate or the choir is responsible for all banking fees charged due to bounced cheques.
5. Payment for registration must be made in Canadian Dollars. UNISON accepts no liability for any loss suffered due to fluctuating exchange rates or charges incurred for exchanging currency or transferring funds.
6. UNISON reserves the right to refuse to accept any application in its absolute discretion without giving any reason for doing so.
7. Once UNISON accepts your delegate or choir registration application, UNISON will notify you that you or your choir have been registered by sending an email to the address given during your registration application process.
Registration Refunds and Transfers
8. Choir and delegate registrations are non-refundable.
9. Choir registrations are non-transferrable.
10. Delegate registrations can be transferred to another person up until May 10, 2018 using the Integra Marketplace.
11. After May 10, 2018, delegate registrations are non-transferable.
Festival events and performances
12. The events and performances appearing on UNISON’s website and in UNISON’s promotional material are for guidance purposes only and are subject to change as plans for the Festival are finalized. While the events and performances advertised represent UNISON’s intentions as to the Festival, there is no guarantee that any particular event or performance will take place as described.
13. UNISON reserves the right in circumstances beyond UNISON’s reasonable control to change the timing and venues of Festival events and performances and to cancel Festival events and performances as determined by UNISON in its absolute discretion.
14. UNISON is not liable for any loss or damage suffered if any Festival event or performance does not proceed or if for whatever reason you or your choir do not participate in an event.
15. Festival events and performances may proceed in all weather conditions provided UNISON is satisfied that it is safe for the event to proceed.
16. If you are applying to perform with your choir or with others at the Festival or to participate in any other Festival event, UNISON expects you be committed to delivering the performance or to participating in the event. Evidence of lack of commitment, such as late arrival or failure to comply with established rehearsal schedules, could prevent you, your choir, and others from performing or participating. UNISON’s decisions about performance and participation are final.
17. You or your choir are responsible for obtaining and paying for any performing rights required for works to be performed at the Festival, including copyright, composer, and publisher agreements. Please address inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to comply with this clause or failure to provide documentary evidence to satisfy UNISON that you have complied with this clause in respect of any work may mean that you or your choir will not be permitted to perform that work at the Festival.
18. You agree to comply with the rules of the Festival determined by UNISON and with any reasonable written or verbal instructions given by UNISON, its representatives or volunteers including, but not limited to, any reasonable request to submit to a bag search.
19. Some venues and institutions used by UNISON may impose conditions of entry and other restrictions in addition to the rules of the Festival. You agree to comply with any such conditions or restrictions.
20. You agree not to engage in unacceptable behaviour. Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to, physical and verbal abuse; harassment; drug-taking; smoking in non-permitted areas (per municipal by-laws, all public indoor spaces in Calgary are non-smoking); excessive intoxication; nudity; lewd or overtly sexual conduct; anti-social behaviour; racist, homophobic, sexist, misogynist, misandrist, ageist behaviour (including performing actions, words or songs construed as such); and the carrying of knifes, weapons or any other items construed as weapons.
21. You agree not to act in a way which would compete with Festival sponsors or devalue Festival sponsors’ rights regarding branding potential, logo rights or exclusive presence at Festival events. If at any time during the Festival, UNISON, its employees or volunteers determine your actions compete with Festival sponsors or may result in the devaluation of such Festival sponsors’ rights, you understand that you will be required to cease immediately such actions.
22. UNISON or its appointed agents may record your likeness and voice during the Festival. You agree to assign any of your rights to that recorded material to UNISON in perpetuity and authorize the reproduction, sale, broadcast, distribution and dissemination of that material by any means whatever without geographic or time limitation.
23. You agree that UNISON will use your personal data for Festival registration, the sale of Festival merchandise, and for the organization and the production of the Festival. UNISON will not otherwise share your personal data with third parties.
24. You further agree that UNISON shall be permitted to maintain your personal data for the sole and exclusive purpose of passing a database of delegate personal data on to the organizers of future Unison Festivals.
25. The organizers of future Unison Festivals shall not be permitted to share your personal data with third parties without your explicit permission. Any personal data that is transmitted to the organizers of future Unison Festivals shall only be used for the purpose of contacting prospective Unison Festival delegates and attendees.
Insurance and damage to property
26. You agree that you have been advised to acquire adequate travel, personal accident and health care insurance and that it is your responsibility to obtain your own such insurance to cover yourself and your property during the Festival.
27. UNISON is not liable for any loss or damage to your property during the Festival.
Cancellation of registration by UNISON
28. UNISON may at any time cancel your registration as a delegate with immediate effect if you breach the terms of this agreement. If UNISON cancels your registration due to breach of these terms, you will not be permitted to participate in the Festival either as a delegate or otherwise; nor will you receive a refund or any form of compensation for any loss.
29. This agreement is governed by the laws of Alberta, Canada. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Alberta in all matters regarding it.